Everyone needs to be able to use maths, English and ICT to help them either in their personal life or progress into / in work. Keir offers these programmes from entry level, for those with basic skills up to level 2 for those wanting to progress. Note: Functional skills is a mandatory element of Apprenticeship programmes.
Functional Skills are the basic skills that all people need to be able to operate confidently and successfully in work and life. Functional Skills provide learning tools that enable apprentices to:
- Apply their knowledge and understanding to everyday life;
- Engage competently and confidently with others;
- Solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar problems; and
- Develop personally and professionally.
Apply For A Course
To apply for a course, fill in the form below with your details and our administrator will be in touch to go through the application process.
Safeguarding - Everyone's Responsibility
Keir Training and Recruitment (Keir), takes its safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and we want to ensure that all people interfacing with our services are kept safe from all forms of harm. At induction on to any of our programmes all learners and employers will be given an induction into Safeguarding and the actions to take in case of any concerns.
How to Stay Safe Online
For tips and advise on how to protect yourself online please visit. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online
We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to:
- Respect each other’s right to feel safe
- Treat others fairly and with respect
- Not to threaten, hurt or abuse others including on-line abuse
- You can view a copy of our safeguarding policy here.
It is important you feel safe, if you are worried or concerned about yourself or someone you know, please talk to us immediately on: 0137 588 6155
Designated safeguarding lead: Millicent Davies