ICT Functional Skills
Functional skills ICT aims to:
- Provide accreditation of achievements of a range ICT skill in real-life settings so that learners can use subject skills in a functional way throughout life.
- Provide a progression route through to higher achievement.
- Provide a flexible assessment structure that can be adapted to meet the needs of individual learners.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above. The NCFE Functional Skills qualification in ICT at Level 1 is an ideal qualification for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in ICT in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Foundation Learning, the Diploma and Apprenticeships.
This qualification is suitable for both young people and mature learners who wish to achieve a wide range of practical ICT skills for use in everyday life. The qualification is also suitable for those preparing to progress to further qualifications such as the Diploma or an apprenticeship.
Apply For A Course
To apply for a course, fill in the form below with your details and our administrator will be in touch to go through the application process.
Safeguarding - Everyone's Responsibility
Keir Training and Recruitment (Keir), takes its safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and we want to ensure that all people interfacing with our services are kept safe from all forms of harm. At induction on to any of our programmes all learners and employers will be given an induction into Safeguarding and the actions to take in case of any concerns.
How to Stay Safe Online
For tips and advise on how to protect yourself online please visit. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online
We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to:
- Respect each other’s right to feel safe
- Treat others fairly and with respect
- Not to threaten, hurt or abuse others including on-line abuse
- You can view a copy of our safeguarding policy here.
It is important you feel safe, if you are worried or concerned about yourself or someone you know, please talk to us immediately on: 0137 588 6155
Designated safeguarding lead: Millicent Davies